The Loudoun County Public School (LCPS), as a branch of the Loudoun County government, administers all the public schools within the county. Located at 21000 Education Court in Ashburn, VA; it is the fastest growing school division in the state of Virginia. It served over 60,000 students for the school year of 2012-2013. This rapid growth in the student population is a direct result of the growth of Loudoun County itself, which has been one of the fastest growing counties in the country in recent years..
Loudoun County Public Schools is the 5th largest school division in the state, and it continues to grow. New schools are being added, and Loudoun County School boundaries continue to change with each new school. For several years, LCPS has been opening a new school each year, and this trend will likely continue for several more years.
It is currently headed by Superintendent Edgar B. Hatrick, who recently announced that he will be retiring next year. He will be assisting the school board in the selection of a replacement. Dr. Hatrick has been the Loudoun Schools Superintendent for many years and has overseen the rapid growth of Loudoun County Public Schools.
There are currently 13 High Schools operated by the LCPS, all serving the grades 9-12. These are the following:
- Briar Woods High School, Ashburn
- Broad Run High School, Ashburn
- Dominion High School, Sterling
- Freedom High School, South Riding
- Heritage High School, Leesburg
- John Champe High School, Aldie
- Loudoun County High School, Leesburg
- Loudoun Valley High School, Purcellville
- Park View High School, Sterling
- Potomac Falls High School, Sterling
- Stone Bridge High School, Ashburn
- Riverside High School, Leesburg
- Rock Ridge High School, Ashburn
- Tuscarora High School, Leesburg
- Woodgrove High School, Purcellville
14 Middle Schools are operated by the LCPS, all serving grades 6-8. These are:
- Belmont Ridge Middle School, Lansdowne
- Blue Ridge Middle School, Purcellville
- Eagle Ridge Middle School, Ashburn
- Farmwell Station Middle School, Ashburn
- Harmony Middle School, Hamilton (Purcellville)
- Harper Park Middle School, Leesburg
- J.L. Simpson Middle School, Leesburg
- J. Michael Lunsford Middle School, Chantilly
- Mercer Middle School, Aldie
- River Bend Middle School, Sterling
- Seneca Ridge Middle School, Sterling
- Smarts Mill Middle School, Leesburg
- Sterling Middle School, Sterling
- Stone Hill Middle School, Ashburn
- Trailside Middle School, Ashburn (Opening in Ashburn Farm in 2014)
There are currently 51 community based elementary schools under the LCPS, serving grades K-5. The newest ones are Discovery Elementary School in Ashburn, opening in fall of 2013, and Moorefield Station Elementary School, also opening in Ashburn in September 2013.
With the continued growth of the school population, it can be difficult to keep track with all the changes. The NoVa Real Estate Group can help you keep yourself updated with all school boundary changes and other news that may relate to it. There are times when not only the students, but also parents get attached to the school in their community, and changes in school boundaries may threaten their stay at the school they have come to love. We can provide you resources on the possibility of keeping your children in the same school, despite of these changes.
For people who are looking into moving into Loudoun County, we also have the best resources and knowledge to help you find the perfect house in the right school zone. We can help you sell your house, purchase a new Northern Virginia home, and get settled in your new school and community.
Find additional information about Loudoun County Schools, LCPS boundary changes, and New Schools:
NoVa Real Estate Group